At TORIDOLL Group, we believe that empowering our employees to work with peace of mind and high levels of motivation will contribute to the growth of the Group. For this reason, ensuring the safety and health of our employees is one of our top priorities.
We established our basic policy on safety and health in March 2017, and we are continually carrying out activities to prevent occupational accidents. These include improving uniforms, safety shoes, and kitchen equipment, posting hazard maps in each of our restaurants, and training restaurant employees in the prevention of accidents.
Safety and Health Policy
We believe that ensuring the safety of our employees is essential for achieving our mission: “Finding New Value. Simply For Your Pleasure.” To achieve this, we formulated our basic policy on safety and health as outlined below, and the management and employees are together endeavoring to prevent occupational accidents.
- Basic Policy on Safety and Health
- The Safety and Health Committee will lead the promotion of safety and health activities across all Group companies
- Based on communications between labor and management, the committee will provide lectures on rational measures in response to actual workplace conditions
- We will provide comprehensive and necessary education and training to all employees to ensure safety and health
- We will invest the required management resources for the execution of the above measures, and continue to implement effective improvements
Systems to Promote Safety and Health
At the TORIDOLL Group, we have established a Safety and Health Committee which is headed by one of our executive directors and reports to the Board of Directors. The committee carries out risk assessments, debates issues and countermeasures, sets out goals, and monitors the results of various initiatives.
In addition, the TORIDOLL Code of Conduct stipulates that, through the Safety and Health Committee, the Group will work to improve various issues pertaining to working time management in order to prevent health hazards to employees, and to improve equipment and work methods. Via the committee, we are engaged in accident prevention through a variety of means: these include initiatives to reduce preventable accidents through safety and health training that takes place when employees join the company and every six months thereafter, and change of uniform material and oil filters machine. We also make sure that oil filters and air conditioning machines are properly maintained.
- List of initiatives implemented so far
- Establishment of Safety and Health Policy
- Creation of hazard maps
- Revisions to Manual for Dangerous Appliances
- Formulation of Guidelines to Prevent Dangerous Work
- Continual implementation of safety and health training
- Formulation and implementation of heat stroke prevention plans “Provision of salt tablets, Improvement of air conditioner, etc.”
- Introduction of safety shoes (shoes that cover the ankles)
Occupational Safety and Health Management System
On top of the initiatives headed by the Safety and Health Committee, TORIDOLL Group introduced an occupational safety and health management system with the goal of improving employee safety and health with the use of PDCA cycles.
- *1 Incident rate: The number of fatalities and injuries per thousand workers per year
- *2 Frequency rate: The number of occupational accident injuries and fatalities per million hours worked
Providing Comprehensive Occupational Safety and Health Training
At TORIDOLL Group, we have created manuals on occupational safety and health, and safety considerations, and we disseminate them to all our employees.
To elaborate, we have drawn up the Guidelines to Prevent Dangerous Work which seeks to prevent work accidents, and the Manual for Dangerous Appliances, which seeks to eliminate serious occupational accidents when using dangerous appliances.
In addition to the above, every six months restaurant managers conduct a refresher with all employees on the correct procedures in accordance to the Guidelines to Prevent Dangerous Work and Manual for Dangerous Appliances.
Restaurant managers then submit training confirmation reports duly signed by employees who have received the training to the headquarters.
Promoting Mental Health
The TORIDOLL Code of Conduct not only stipulates that we adhere to occupational laws and regulations, but also prescribes initiatives aimed at maintaining and improving both the physical and mental health of our employees.
As part of our effort to promote mental health, we work together with occupational health psychiatrists to run in-house consultation desks, provide labor management, help prevent workplace harassment, and coordinate with family doctors and family members.
We also operate external mentor systems in some regions to train our employees to be emotionally independent.
|No. of people taking leave||16||14||10||30|
- * Number of employees using leave to treat non-occupational illnesses (mental illnesses); excludes paid leave, and excludes unpaid leave due to non-occupational illnesses
Development of uniforms that are friendly to the working environment and the natural environment
TORIDOLL Holdings and Kurabo (Kurashiki Textile Manufacturing Co., Ltd.) have jointly developed uniforms that takes the working environment and natural environment into consideration, and have been gradually introducing them to some MARUGAME SEIMEN and other Group company restaurants in Japan from late May 2021.
Two types of uniforms have been developed: regular type clean uniforms that are made of soil-sweep, a material with excellent stain resistance that prevents stains picked up in the kitchen from sticking to the uniforms and is easy to remove, and a type of uniform that is made of soil-sweep material and equipped with an electric fan to provide comfort and prevent heat stroke in the summer.
TORIDOLL Holdings and Kurabo will continue their efforts to improve uniforms to enhance the job satisfaction of restaurant employees, which will also lead to greater customer satisfaction.